How to be a friend
I have met many people in my life, some who would be friends with anyone just
so be more popular, some that would only be friends with specific people for specific benefits and some who who are not easy to be friends with. There are probably more types but let’s just stick to that.
You don’t usually choose to be friends with a person , it just happens and you realize ow we get along well. On some occassions, you can choose to become closer to a person and make the friendship stronger. So what type of a friend would you like to have? Think about that for a few minutes. .
One rule which everyone should have learnt since kindergarten is ‘treat others the way you’d like to be treated’. You’d like to have a good friend, be a good
friend to others and there won’t be a reason you won’t be granted with the same response.
There are some people who are more skeptical , and like to test others before putting their trust into others. Well, if you are one of those people, how’d you feel if a person you treat as a friend tests you, lies to you to see if you a worthy of having a friendship with? I personally would hate that. So you want friends, no no to testing. Nobody likes it and when they find out your trustworthy level goes down hill. Big time.
So 10 points of how to be a good friend :
1) Tolerate and accept other people’s differences. You might actually learn a lot from them, see things which you have not ever seen before.
2) Be Kind. Everyone likes kindness it brings about so many smiles.
3) Be honest, it’s one of the essential things in a friendship. Without honest, we are just strangers who happen to talk more than typical strangers. Moreover, nobody likes to be lied to or used ofcourse.
4) Don’t be skeptical. Don’t think that everyone would want to hurt you, harm you in a way or betray you. Never sit and wait for the bad , expect the best out of everything.
5) Listen. You can’t be the only one saying and not listening. Some people do not realize it , and it does drive other people away actually.
It’s something that is supposed to happen in a friendship.
7) Don’t be clingy. Don’t over SMS people or call too much. Everybody needs some time for themselves.
8) Be positive and think positively. Optimism attracts people while pessimism merely attraches anything good but what you actually expect to happen.
9) Smile and laugh more. It’s more fun to hang out with a person who knows
how to laugh at life and enjoy every minute than one who complains how life sucks for them.
10) Be considerate. Consider your friend’s opinion and feelings.
Beings friends is not very simple. You’d have to be there by their side whenever there are crisis, and probably suffer a bit from that as well because you’d care. Yet having friends is a crucial part in life , so .. go out there and be-
friend with people and treat your current friends the way you’d like to be treated.