Let’s take some time off and… RELAX
Daily life is not very simple , unless you are a 5year old that basically has to worry about nothing at all. From ages 16 and 17 people start taking part time jobs to earn money , I still remember how much fun and exciting it was to first start working but now… oh now… work is basically sown into my life. I actually get bored when I sit at home for more than 2 days. Anyways, my point is everybody has to work in order to earn money unless they have got awesome parents that would be able to fund your spends all the time…
Working isn’t always enjoyable , sometimes even very stressing , some of us actually have side effects from the stress work provide us with and stress is no good for your health and generally. Everybody realizes it when they are stressed, but rarely do they actually do much to de-stress and relax.
Working and earning money is mandatory yet maintaining a healthy life is even more mandatory. Why did you think there were weekends? So that you could sit at home and think about work or even do work? Nope. The whole point of the weekends is to have the time to get relaxed and take good care of ourselves.
Here are things you can do to relax yourself :
(Actually it does not have to be during the weekends, you can do it anytime when you are done with work)
- You should know very well what brings out the ‘happy’ you and makes you chill. For some people that could be shopping, speaking to friends on the phone, watching tv, or playing a Facebook game. Find some time in your schedule to do that , just to chill a bit after so much work.
- Do some reading , I always think you could benefit with reading whether it’s non-fictional or fictional. Reading entertains you and can boost your confidence as well.
- Exercise. This is basically THE cure to so many things , it makes you happier, feel better and fitter, and de-stresses you
- Give yourself some time alone, everybody needs it to some extent. Have a walk alone , or coffee , try to enjoy the time alone and the surrounding. It might not seen very appealing at first but after you do it a few times it’s quite fun.
- Listen to some music, sing along or dance !
- Meditation. A lot of us are unable to keep our minds off certain things which causes nothing good but a rise in stress levels. Learning how to control your thoughts and shut down the things that cause stress just for a while is a good way of relaxing. Just simply imagine yourself in a peaceful place… imagine the sounds and smells that place might have and sink into your imagination. Don’t allow yourself to go back to the self destructive thoughts.
- You could also hang out with some close friends
- Take care of yourself physically( mainly for women) go ahead and do some face masks, hair masks etc. Makes you feel prettier and the process can relax you.
- Watch your favourite TV shows or movies and forget about the life you’ve been living in something that could entertain you.
- Laugh more, it’s a simple way to keep yourself happy, stress-free and healthy. Watch something funny like this for instance : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hXYdxVVuwc
Refresh yourself so that you would be ready for another week !