How to deal with anger
I am pretty sure everyone gets to deal with annoying people that make us so upset and angry from time to time in life. Sometimes the way we react to anger worsens the situation and thus we must learn how to deal with anger in the correct way so that we do not hurt ourselves and others. Most people would react with violence either towards others, objects or themselves, talking from experiance – you get hurt more than anything else.
” Anger is a wind which blows out the lamp of the mind.” -Robert Green Ingersoll
Here are some ways to deal with anger:
- Say nothing – speaking out of anger just worsens everything, brings up more arguements and hurts more people which in turn would make you regret at the end. Stay quiet, calm down and think to yourself – have you done something wrong? Have you misunderstood? Is there a misunderstanding in between? Try to see things from the other person’s point of view.
- Do not respond to anger with what people have done. No matter how hurt you are, do not attempt to hurt the person who have harmed you in the start. You do not like being hurt that way , so don’t do it to anyone else. Act differently, don’t be the person whom you would hate to become.
- Learn from this lesson. Everything in life could be regarded as a lesson. He/She disappointed you well then you know how much they care and how considerate that person could be. Some people are not worth your time , if they want to stay in your life they would find a way eventually.
-Breathe deeply, soothe yourself. Being angry doesn’t bring about any positive outcomes. Make sure you do not hold a grudge against anyone who have hurted you. It’s much more painful to hate a person than to simply let it go.
- Smile ! It takes away the negative emotion. Free happy drug that soothes you.
- Change your physical position to interrupt the negative emotions. Look up, stand up or walk over to a bright place.
-Look at the bright side of the situation, if you focus carefully you will find one.
-Laugh – it will intantly make you happier and improve your mood. Find something to laugh it off about. Not just Ha Ha Ha, who are you playing on..? Laugh until your stomach hurts!
-Forgive. Yes it is hard but it’s much easier than holding onto hatred and it will make you feel better about the situation and yourself.
- Never run away from the problem. Speaking from a lot of experience with this, solve the problem don’t allow it to linger throughout your life. Even if it might seem like it’s fading away it might come back and haunt you again. Fix it and move on.