Things you should be grateful for
A lot of times in life we take things which are always present for granted, we then only learn how to appreciate them after we have lost them. Learning is good but who likes to regret about something precious? There are too many people who choose to see the dark side of their lives and not their bright sides.
Many of us fall into depression because of temorary issues and miss out the good things in our lives. Yes, none of us are perfect but we should learn from our experiance, we have had things we love once, lost it, regreted and moved on but don’t just move on ! Make sure you won’t be repeating the same mistake over and over again. Who want to stay foolish ?
Here is a list of things we should be grateful for:
- Health – everyone should be glad and happy they are healthy. Ever felt so sick you couldn’t get out of bed then recovering from it and feeling absolutely happy because you never thought being healthy would mean so much? Well, always be grateful when you’re healthy and take good care of yourself because this is one of the things you could do to avoid being unhappy. Love yourself, Love your body.
- Home – there are many people who have no homes and I am pretty sure they don’t get as depressed as we who actually have warm homes. Be happy you’ve got shelter, warmth and your own place of privacy to be yourself. Some really don’t yet still live with a bright mind.
- Food and water – if you are capable of getting fed and keeping your family fed, why would you be upset? Do you know how many people fall asleep with their tummies empty?
- Job – have a job and get paid ? BE GLAD, do you know how many people are not capable of getting a job even? Maybe your salary might not be ideal but isn’t it better than nothing ? No one said life was going to be easy but smile through those hardships, keep your head up and let the sun shine on your face.
- Your possessions – got an Iphone? got an Ipad? got a TV? etc etc etc..
Even if what you got is not as high tech as the apple products or a plasma TV or whatever… still be happy with what you have. Your life could be worse, you could be with no possession at all… Don’t always think that life can’t get any worse it could, but you still have to live through it. It’s the way you deal with it that counts and affects.
- Friends and Family – these are the closest people you have in life, they will always be there for you. No matter what sort of problems they give you – it is really better to have them than to be lonely.
- Love Partner – falling in love is one of the most unique and precious feeling you could get in life. It really warms you inside and you just can’t not smile when you are in love. You would even wake up from smiling so much. Always appreciate your other half or boyfriend/girlfriend or whatever you would like to call them. They contribute so much to your happiness and as long as you find the right one , everything shall taste like honey, very sweet maybe a bit sticky.
- Your abilities – you can smell,hear, see and taste , some don’t and would really want to… be glad you capable of seeing and smelling such wonderful world. Stop your stressful life and sit there on a bench and smell, look and hear the world around you. Other than those abilities everyone are good at specific things and should be very glad to be good at something.
- Education – to know more about the world around us or just knowing more in general is a gift. To some children or people education is something so far from them… they are unable to pay for education thus they don’t get any.