Forgiving and Forgetting
Yes, it is possible !
We all can forgive others and forget, some may have to try harder than others, yet it is something we are all capable of doing. Forgiveness is not easy to get nor give but once you understand the benifits of forgiving those who have harmed you, you would naturally want to start forgiving. Why? Because it is good for your mental and physical health. Holding a grudge against a person or people is never something that you would benifit from and it is a complete waste of time and energy.
“Life is too short to hold a grudge, also too long.” ~Robert Brault
Often when you hold a grudge against a person who has harmed you , you hate them deep inside and everything about them just annoys you. Basically anything related to that person would make you unwell and disturbed. Why waste your time being mad at a person who might not actually care? Sometimes they say forgiveness is the best way to combat an enemy.
If the person sincerely is sorry for what he has done to you, there is no reason you should continue the hatred and resentment. It’s dramatic and quite painful.
“Where there is anger, there is always pain underneath.” ~Eckhart Tolle
Instead of leading your grudge and hatred consume your time , why not focus on things to would benefit you with? Learn something new, get a new hobby, socialize, exercise etc.
Ways to Forgive and Forget :
- First off, no one is perfect. I repeat NO ONE is perfect therefore everyone makes mistakes, hurts others and themselves and makes wrong choices.
You must accept the fact that people might not have wanted to hurt you intentionally , it might have just been a mistake. We are all human, we all make mistakes and we all want to be forgiven.
- Always try to walk in other people’s shoes, try to see their point of view, how they actually feel about hurting you – are they are sorry about it? are they proud of them selves? If they are sorry, forgive them and forget it. If they are not, still forgive them and forget, they are not worth your time.
- Rememeber, getting mad is a natural thing but don’t let it last for more than a few hours… get mad , and get over it.
-Never seek for revenge , you are the person who is going to get hurt to most.
- Think of it as a life lesson , you’ve allowed a person to hurt you. Learn to defend your self from such harm and learn who are your good friends and who are not. Pain is a part of growing and forgiveness is the lesson.
- Remember that, maybe the person who have harmed you might have his personal reasons and issues for that.
-Be more self-centered and take care of yourself – know that holding a grudge will only bring out the worst of you mentally and physically.