Learn to love yourself
Loving yourself is one crucial thing which contributes to a happy life. Self-love makes us aware our boundaries and allows us to have the gut to reject certain offers or actions which might harm ourselves. By loving yourself you are allowing others to love you , and you to love others. You cannot be 100% happy if everything in your life is perfect yet you don’t love yourself , loving yourself is some sort of hobby which everyone should do.
“The way you treat yourself sets the standard for others. ” - Sonya Friedman
- Head over heels in love with yourselfIf you don’t love yourself from the first place , how could you expect others to love you? Accept your imperfections and learn to love them and nurture yourself in every single way possible.
- Stay positiveTake some time to remove all negative thoughts from your mind daily. Positive things happen to only those who sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Praise yourself everyday in front of the mirror
- Boost your self esteem and be confident – learn to accept the way you look and feel proud of it because you make yourself you.It is better to be an original you than be a copy of someone else. Self-plagiarism is style !
- Eradicate self criticism – it only makes you less confident and causes you to dislike yourself , why do that?!
- Believe in yourself and what you want to be – believe in what you do well and support yourself. Sometimes you can’t rely on others to support you and comfort you because simply.. they might not be there.. and what will you do when they are not? So Believe in yourself.
- ‘Don’t worry Be happy’ – worrying just makes everything worse , it doesn’t improve the situation. So instead of worrying and getting stressed spend time thinking what could be done , and if it’s out of your control , how will you deal with the outcome.
- Be truthful to everyone around you and yourself – never deny your feelings. Denying your feelings may lead to being buried with negative feelings and thoughts and sometimes worsen the situation like falling into deep depression. Express yourself to the highest extent.
“What you think about yourself is much more important than what others think of you.” -Marcus Annaeus Seneca
- Chase your dreams – you cannot catch or achieve anything if you sit down and wait for it. Plus having an ambition or something you would really like to come true is something which motivates us to be better, to continue living and to loving yourself more.
- Forgive yourself – don’t sink in regret on things that you have done in the past. We are born with our eyes in the front so that we will be able to continue walking on our path and not look back on things that happened in the past. Things that happened in the past are lessons to be learnt, things that happen in the present should be cherished or solved so that we could contribute to our ideal future.
- Notice the beauty around you – as I’ve said in a couple of posts already – you live once , take advantage of it ! There are too many beautiful things around us that we miss out while fighting our stressful lives.. they are not made for nothing so look around you.
- Be proud of the person you are , of the personality you have , and of the outlook of life you have.
“Whatever you are doing, love yourself for doing it. Whatever you are feeling, love yourself for feeling it.”-Thaddeus Golas
- Enjoy life – go out have fun with friends , start a new relationship, and spend time with your family.
- Be Kind and helpful to others – you will feel good about yourself and happy to have helped others.
- Stop Comparing yourself to others – comparing usually leads to jealousy. There’s no reason to compare yourself to anyone at all… we are all humans and each one of us are unique and beautiful in our own way.
- Exercise regularly - it keeps you healthy and fit – everyone looks better when they are healthy and fit.
- Get enough sleep – same as exercise it makes you looks healthy and have a good complexion. Plus you are more awake during the day thus you don’t need to rely on coffee to wake you up. Caffeine is bad !
- Give yourself constant compliments – you deserve it Look at yourself naked after or before shower – don’t be afraid to see what you have or what you don’t- you must accept yourself if you want others to accept you. ’You are BE-YOU-ti-FULL. ‘
”I don’t like myself, I am crazy about myself”- Mae West
- Don’t let others put you down , if they don’t like the way you are it is not your problem but theirs. Real friends and lovers would never tell you something with the aim to lower your self esteem.
- Stand up for what you believe – never allow peer pressure to come in the way and cause you to do things you don’t want to do.
- Have some time to yourself – sit in a quiet place or room for a while each day and breath , listen to your own breathe. Observe yourself. Relax and don’t let stress take a step in your life. People who have time for themselves take good care of themselves. You deserve the best !
“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.”- Buddha